The Sassafras Bash Performers and Artists Info
We are delighted to share that your child will showcase their work at this year’s Gala on Thursday, July 25th, 2019. This year’s reimagined Gala, The Sassafras Bash, will support scholarships at Usdan ensuring that cost not be a barrier for students. The evening will consist of site-specific performances, installations, and other surprises. Once the camp day has concluded, your student will remain on campus and receive a light dinner before the event begins at 5:30 p.m. Should you not want your child to participate in The Sassafras Bash, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are attending The Sassafras Bash in any capacity, please RSVP here. To attend the site-specific performances and installation portion of the evening, attendees are asked to provide a donation of any amount upon RSVP. If you are unable to donate, we still want you to attend, please contact Stella Shepherd at email@example.com. Adults attending the dinner that follows the performances need to purchase a ticket and RSVP. Children are invited to attend The Seedling Shindig, a free party for kids of dinner attendees, or the Gala dinner with the purchase of a ticket.
Please note that our campus terrain is varied and a fair amount of walking is required for those who are able. We encourage you to wear comfortable and functional shoes for the event.
If you are not attending the site-specific performances and installations or dinner and want to pick up your child, you should plan to arrive at Usdan at 6:45 p.m. and you must email firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the day Friday, July 19.
Families who are attending the site-specific performances and installations should park in the Administration Parking lot. Families with dinner tickets should park in Event Parking. Parking Attendants will be on duty to direct you. Attendees are asked to walk to the performances, installations, and dinner if able.
STUDENT AFTER CAMP SCHEDULE
3:20 – 5:00 p.m.: Students remain at Usdan for rehearsal and dinner provided by Usdan.
- If you would like a sibling to stay on campus at the end of the day with your performing student, please email email@example.com by end of day Friday, July 19.
5:30 – 6:30 p.m.: Site-specific student performances and installations (Troupe, Quidditch, Dance Ensemble, Jr. Vocal Ensemble, Knight Music, Orchestra IV, and Life Drawing & Comic Art) at the Upper Campus.
6:30 – 7:00 p.m.: Sr. Vocal Ensemble, Band IV, and Orchestra IV performances in The Shed. Attendees who are ticketed for dinner will find their seats while those who are attending the performance only may stand in the side or back of The Shed to enjoy the performance.
6:45 – 7:15 p.m.: Sign-out for students who are not staying for the dinner or Seedling Shindig will be at The Oval, outside the Amphitheater back where you have parked. All adults must have an ID and sign out their child with a Dean. After sign-out, students can collect their belongings from the Amphitheater.
- Please note, all students must be transported home by a parent or guardian. If someone else is picking up your child, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by July 23.
- If you are not attending the performances and installations or dinner and want to pick up your child, you should plan to arrive at Usdan at 6:45 p.m. and you must email email@example.com by the end of the day Friday, July 19.
- If you do not wish your child to remain at camp and perform at The Sassafras Bash, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by July 19.
6:45 – 8:15 p.m.: Gala dinner/The Seedling Shindig
8:15 p.m.: Attendees of Seedling Shindig will be reunited with their parents at The Shed.
- Sr. Vocal Ensemble, Band, Orchestra: Dress white shirt or top; black dress pants or below-the-knee black skirt; black shoes and black socks if applicable.
- Jr. Vocal Ensemble: Formal, spring colored clothing.
- Usdan Troupe and Dance Ensemble: Costumes provided by Usdan
- Quidditch: Athletic attire
- Life Drawing & Comic Art: Dress attire of student’s choice
- Knight Music: Chess players wear vibrant colors, nice, classy clothes; Percussionists/Musicians on the Dark Color team of the chess game wear black shirts (non-t-shirt if possible); Percussionists/Musicians on the Light Color team of the chess game wear white shirts (non t-shirt if possible)
For more information about the Gala, please contact Stella Shepherd at email@example.com. For more information about your student’s after-camp schedule, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.